Thursday, August 20, 2009

fuck chinatown, i'm going italian

"Man, I know exactly how it's going to happen. Andy's going to wait until the last minute, and then out of nowhere he'll find some awesome place. That's how it's going to happen."

That's exactly how it did happen.


About an hour ago, I agreed to live in a bachelor at the intersection of College and Markham! Without fail, I waited until the last week of August to start looking. I was pretty taken with the space as soon as I stepped in for the tour. Big kitchen with nice appliances, great big bedroom, lots of closet space, and a decent bathroom. It's located in the basement of a house owned by a fairly young family. Luckily, my charm payed off and the owners really liked me, so they asked if I wanted in. I happily agreed.

Sure, a little pricey, but it'll work. I think I'm most excited to live by myself. I think I've fantasized about the idea steadily for over a year. I'll probably soon liberate my moms piano from her place so I can relax and work on some stuff I've had in my head for a while. Dinner parties will be planned on occasion, as I am sandwiched between two of the finest ethnic hubs in Toronto. On top of that, I even have room for all my stuff - even my projector. I can't wait.

I'm also planning on painting it a different color, which means I'm looking at you, kiddo.

Blair and I have decided to squeeze the last bit of summer by going to New York for the weekend until Monday. I hope to find another Miles David t-shirt gem.

5 comments:

laura said...

Miles David, eh? Never heard of the guy. Have fun!

Andy Schmidt said...

Fuuuuuuuck. The worst part is: something has been said about it now and I can't go back and erase it or else it would dis-credit your comment. Whoever Miles David is, I'm sure he's a loser - but I still want his t-shirt.

katelynschmidt said...

Congrats Andy I'm so happy for you! I just replied to your email saying that Tori and Ally can't move in with you then I read this and you've already got a place! Haha. Have a good weekend in New York, and call me when you get home.

Anonymous said...

call dp! adeeeee

Andy Schmidt said...

dude I want to hang. what is your number.adaaaa uhh uhhhhh