Thursday, July 9, 2009

rebel yell


I love this thing.

When I graduated grade eight, my parents bought me the Canon Rebel G. It was my first camera, save for a few junky disposables. Since then I've used it at least once a month.

It loads film like a dream. The auto focus is still lightning fast. The pop-up flash impresses girls. I've never had a bad exposure (unless due to my manual settings) in all it's years of use. It works as good as the day I got it. It's a very meat and potatoes camera; not very flashy looking, no great features, just a straight up camera.

The sounds it makes sound like it's really getting things done. When you press that shutter button down it really sounds like you've just chopped wood. If it were a household appliance, it would be a washing machine, because as soon as you press go, you know some shit just went down.

I've owned many different cameras in my day, but this one consistently impresses me. I've brought it on every major trip. Whenever I need a reliable camera for a shoot (or multiples), this one is always included in the mix. Even my digital SLR can't stand up to it. I love it so much, I own two. The other one is black. BK, you can have it back whenever you want.

They used to run for about $900 back in the day, but you could probably get yourself the full deal nowadays for around $150. If you're a film enthusiast, I highly recommend this beauty.

No comments: