Sunday, July 12, 2009

happy hick day

To commemorate last night's fight, I took it upon myself to make my own UFC mug shot. Apparently it was a good match. I insisted on sitting in the hotel instead.
Funny? I thought it was pretty good. Gotta love that Mirror in Photo Booth.

I'm still not quite sure where I sit on the whole UFC thing. I fully understand the appeal of dudes pounding the shit out of each other. This stuff is huge out here (and in any other small town where there's nothing else to do but gamble and smoke). However, to me it's nothing more than one big advertisement. The fights really only last minutes, sometimes seconds. Yet the visual onslaught of ads shoved in your face for hours is enough to kill anyone's buzz.

Budweiser, Chevy trucks, Monster, Coors, Ford, Bud Light, Creatine, Harley Davidson, Sports Illustrated, Maxim, Burger King. There should be an epileptic disclaimer before these events.

But hey, at least it's better than the alternative. At least it's real.


No comments: