Wednesday, June 24, 2009

wet hair



Alright folks, here goes nothing. This marks the last time I'll sit in my condo for the next month. I look at my bed, say a few nice things to it, and then part. I look at my shower and all it's glory, say a few nice things to it, and then part. I look at my fully functional kitchen, cry a bit, and then part.

If you've ever camped, traveled for an extended period, or performed a series of shows over a short period of time, you know that what I'm doing is completely necessary.

As a pack my things, my laptop is running on full tilt as I upload nearly every album I own onto it for the road. It's funny, because this is exactly what happened when I left for New Zealand a few years back, and my parents almost left me at home because this double Jimi Hendrix album I had took forever to upload. Must have been those lengthy solos.

Packing for a months time is a serious challenge. You realize how large your wardrobe is (mine is currently massive), and you can only pack really generic things. The key word is "versatility". Because you can't just throw in flashy pants or shirts that don't go with anything. But that's just me being a woman. You also need clothes that you know will either last a really long time, or won't make it past the first week. Some shirts are just bought to throw away.

When I'm gone, I really want to french kiss a french girl, but I have certain people to thank for that.

Either way, I have to leave now. Send me your address and you'll get a postcard. I promise.

I'll be thinking of you.

Andy.

1 comment:

pink♥crush said...

.. and i'll be thinking of YOU as well. ;)
*insert horse noises and kicking feet*

French girls ain't got nothin' on Torontonians!