Thursday, February 19, 2009

spoke too soon

So, I clearly forgot to knock on wood.

Not an hour ago, I was diagnosed with pneumonia.

I checked into the walk-in clinic earlier this morning to see if I was just paranoid about this chest stuff. Dr. Kara told me to lift my shirt so he could listen to me breathing from my back, through the stethoscope. He asked me to breath deeply while he checked all the parts of my back. He asked me to repeat this breathing while his scope was placed on this one particular section of my back.

"Andrew, you have a crackle in your right lung." Great.

He said it was a good thing I came in when I did, or else the illness could have worsened badly within the next couple days.
Either way, I'm now on antibiotics for the next week. I even got a puffer! I was always envious of those asthmatics and their cool puffers.

3 comments:

littlest roro said...

good lord!
good thing you went!
a crackle in your lung?
also, i was a puffer child and i was envious of all the kids that could run for forever and not become winded....
ugh...

Andy Schmidt said...

who cares about being winded? you got to takes hits during tag.

littlest roro said...

pffffttt...