Wednesday, May 21, 2008

day of birth


Things just have their way of changing over time. It seems like every time you turn your back on something, this unavoidable change catches up with you, ready or not.
The other day was my birthday.

I remember how it used to be. There was cake, candles, pinatas, pizza, friends, family, and lego. All my invitations were sealed with macaroni and my DQ cake was already in the freezer. We used to go for long walks in the park, because they were days of acceptable stains on my clothes. I used to play with my grandma's wrinkled elbows, and my uncle would throw me in the pool. Things have a funny way of changing over time.

These days, things are very different. The parties get smaller, the cake disappears with the cards, and that macaroni remains on my shelves.

Today is not my birthday.




No comments: