Monday, April 26, 2010

"i've had enough of you man, i'm 'bout to fuck up your plan"

Just when you thought everything was cool, Guru dies.

One of the best rap MC's of all time, and probably my absolute favorite, has passed away from a long time battle with cancer. His flow was so fuckin' cool and never needed to raise his voice above the smooth cadence heard in his delivery.

I used to skateboard in my garage to Gangstarr records for hours during my teenage years, with Above The Clouds usually playing on repeat on some of my very first burned cd's. So many memories attached to this group.


1 comment:

katelynschmidt said...

Hey!
Way to reply to my email. Please email me back when you can. Feeling abit homesick in Mexico and would appreciate hearing from you, tell me a funny story or something.
P.s. when do i get to see you next?

Love,
Your sis.