Sunday, April 18, 2010

1979 - 2010


I just had to briefly mention the seriously tragic passing of You Say Party! We Say Die! drummer Devon Clifford. He collapsed on stage while playing a show at the Rickshaw Theater in Vancouver this weekend, suffered a brain hemmorage, and passed away hours after at a local hospital.

For those of you who aren't familiar with their work, YSP!WSD! is an incredible dance band and Devon's work behind the kit was always delivered with such an unmatched precision. His style and flare has been an influence on my drumming ever since seeing them for the first time years ago. I've since seen them at least four times, and I am continually in awe at their quality of musicianship and growth attained from countless tours across this country and Euope. I highly recommend you give this band a listen someday. I can't imagine what that must have been like for a bandmate to die during a performance. My condolences are extended to them.

No comments: