Sunday, March 29, 2009

most of the time, my head's just fine


Lately I've been getting a lot of phantom vibes. This is basically the mental phenomenon involving the sensation of your phone either ringing or vibrating, without it ever happening. I'm sure anyone who's owned a phone for more than three months has been a victim of this. I've been experiencing it all too much lately. Even as I sit here writing this, I'm either picking up on certain notes that my phone makes while watching tv, or I'll shift a certain way and can feel phantom vibes in my jeans.

I honestly hate this feeling. Like anything I feel has hit its limits, I'll cut it off. Therefore, I'm going to be leaving my phone off for the next few days. I'll turn it on once a day to respond to any missed calls or texts, but that's about it. Just some time to clear my head, and to stop imagining my ringtone Get Up Offa That Thing every ten minutes.

1 comment:

xoxomirr said...

weird! I just wrote about this the other day haha except you have the correct term! My phone is cut off so I know it's me wishing someone was calling me :)