Monday, September 29, 2008

Greyarea

I took the bus last week.

I sat at the front, as I usually do, directly behind the driver. The front is the best. I never fully understood why all the cool kids sat at the back because people usually barf from it being as bumpy as all hell. Plus, the front offers you a view like no other, as well as extra leg room and you get to be the first off. Although, a seperate question arose while sitting here.
I noticed that the bus driver was usuing a GPS navigation system. Is this wrong?
I concluded that it's not all that weird. After all, since when was it a criteria that all Greyhound drivers had to know all the direct highways across North America? However, it did effect the time it took to get there. This guy drove like he's never even seen London or Toronto before. Who takes Airport Road to get on to the 401 from downtown?

All in all, this was something I'd never seen before and it has further enlarged the amount of respect I have for every single Greyhound and public transit employee, because they have to deal with 50 per cent stupid people, and another 50 for the crazy assholes.

No comments: