Monday, March 12, 2012

Goodbye to a Friend

Just wanted to take this opportunity to say goodbye to my friend Jimm Barr. He joined my annual group golfing buddies three years ago and his presence immediately affected the group in the most positive and hilarious way.

When I first met Jimmy, he was confused whether I went by "Andy" or "Andrew", so I asked him to choose for me. He replied "I like Andrew. It's longer. It's a good name, so why shorten it?"

Jimm, among so many things, was once a sniper for the RCMP for numerous years, as well as a highway patrolman in the Northwest Territories, and an undercover detective in Vancouver's Lower East Side. The man was a walking, talking story. Upon hearing of his death I was greatly saddened. Our annual meeting was always something that I looked forward to.



All my best to his friends and family. 

Andrew.

No comments: