Tuesday, October 13, 2009

smooth as a babies bum

Last Saturday I was scheduled to do a photo documentary on the Nuns.

About an hour before leaving, my sister (who works their reception desk) calls me and asks me to remove my beard! Apparently nuns do not like beards, for whatever reason.

Seeing as I really wanted to photograph them, I removed it without hesitation. I just thought it was funny, because I'm sure I'll never have to be asked by nuns to remove my beard ever again.

On a second note, one of the Sisters asked me if I had a girlfriend while talking in her suite. I said no. She then told me that she was going to pray for me. Isn't that amazing? Right now, there is a legitimate nun praying for women on my behalf. She even wrote in her prayer book "Andrew Schmidt. Girls." By god, I hope she works some magic.
I snapped a photo while she wrote it and will surely post it as soon as it's been processed.

1 comment:

katelynschmidt said...

Not only did she write it down, she legit did it right then and there...and then proceeded to come downstairs on my break and do it all over again! She was praying you find a wife, until I told her your age, and then she changed the prayer to you finding a nice girl to take care of you. Hahaha

P.S. They are very traditional - they aren't against beards, I just didn't want you coming in looking scraggly haha. I want to see pics! Especially mine with Herman.