Friday, January 2, 2009

BIG! Top Look- Alikes of the Year!


Okay. One gigantic hobby of mine, and several of my friends, is discovering uncanny look-alikes of others we know. But to my surprise, this year I was called out to more doppelgangers than ever. It seemed like every few days, some stranger would approach me with comments about how I look like so-and-so. Here's a list of my favorites from this year.
Prince William. Some lady commented on this young gent and our similarities. Now, this is not a dead ringer, but it surely was flattering. I don't have that cool ginger rosacea shit either. Regardless, he's a royal guy and I thought it was cute of her, even if she was old enough to be the Queen.

Peyton Manning. My friend Kudzai pulled this one out on me. I mistook him for Tom Brady at first, but this one was a little closer than I thought.
He had a point, although this is more of what future-andy might look like, and I wouldn't have made a career out of throwing a ball, because pro sports are all bullshit!, and I'll get to that topic at a later date.










Adam Savage. Yes, the second half to the brilliant Mythbusters duo. I actually brought this one on all by myself. Hell, I was Adam Savage for Halloween this year for chrissakes!
There are some striking similarities in there though. The foreheads are nearly identical. The eyes are, eeehhhh, they're close, but he's got that blue-eyed ginger shit going on. His beard is admirable though, I'll let the savage have that.







Tom Paris. This one took me entirely by surprise. For starters, I couldn't give less of a shit about Star Trek. I'm sure its good, but give me The Millenium Falcon over the Enterprise any day. A good friend of mine pulled this gem on me one morning and I had no idea what he was talking about. I thought he meant Neelix (look him up, I kind of look like that guy too). But to my surprise, Tom is easily one of the top candidates for the Andylike of the year.








Matt Sundin. There's really not a whole lot that needs to be said about this one. I'm pretty sure it started as a joke, but this Swede almost looks more like me than me! Just look at that guy. The only major difference is that I have more skin under my chin. Matt literally can't look up and have his mouth closed at the same time; there just isn't enough skin there. I, on the other hand, have a shit load that I'm looking to get rid of. So Matt, if you want some ginger neck goods, I'm a phone call away.
PS. I may just get that tattoo because its hilarious and redicu-bad.




Josh Homme. Again, out of nowhere, but I can see some potential for candidacy in this guy. For those of you who do not know Josh, he's the front man for Queens of the Stone Age. Take a look around for some images. He also has red hair, I just couldn't get a decent photo that wasn't all scrunchy-guitar-faced.






Bobby Flay. Honestly, this is the OG look alike. I've been approached on numerous occasions about this guy. The funny thing is, I really don't think I look that much like him. I think the only physical quality we have in common is our complexion, and that's about it. It's really just funny to joke about.










Danny Elfman. Damn you Mike! I hate this comparison, but at a few points in our lives we did look like each other. He's a lot older looking now and is all grizzled from what I'm assuming is due to countless hours scoring films, brilliantly. He certainly is an elf man.









Wayne Gretzky. Probably the absolute furthest from the source on this whole list. This was Danny's top pic, which makes me laugh because I don't see any of me in that face. Which is fine, because every science experiment needs a control - something to tilt the scale a bit.











Orc from The Lord of the Rings.
Every time Mike and I watch The Return of the King, we spot this one stupid orc at the Pelennor Fields battle and laugh. He's in the middle of firing this arrow and makes this ridiculous sound - which I'm awesome at emulating. Regardless, we both think that if I looked like an orc, it would be this lucky archer.
PS. this pic took me so long to find that if you don't laugh I'll be shooting you with an arrow myself.



1 comment:

littlest roro said...

you = peyton manning

i spit my coffee out a bit when i first saw the orc comparison....